Saturday, February 16, 2013
Homework - February 13
After looking at the feedback from my research question homework I decided to change my research question up a little bit from my previous question. Now my research question is Why do employers look at their employees social media accounts? This question relates to the group topic very well because our topic was about this woman who was a teacher and is most likely getting fired for posting racy pictures and comments on her twitter. The principal of the found out and had put her on leave. My question is all about what happened to this teacher, why would he look at her facebook and put her on leave? Why does this matter? I will find the reasons in both of these question through my research. I shall put out the reasoning why an employer would look at someone social media accounts. I developed this new question because the feedback did show me flaws in my question so I decided to change my question into the new one that I have posted today. My new question feels better then my last and I feel like I can answer more with this one I will point out all the good reasons why they would look at an employers facebook or twitter and also point out all the negative reasons why as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am very intrigued by your research question! I think it is a great question to be asking because we are experiencing this controversy right now. I think it deals with a privacy issue and whether our employers have a right to look at our information/pictures on Facebook. I'm very interested to see how the rest of your research goes!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a manageable question! I'm not sure what you mean by the good reasons and negative reasons to view an employee's social media, so you'll need to clarify that distinction more. Do you mean like how an advertising company may check a potential employee's social media and be impressed by the stuff posted there (so looking for good PR skills), versus a school checking to make sure the teachers aren't posting anything deemed inappropriate?
ReplyDeleteAnother way to look at two sides of the issue would be the arguments for why they should look at employees' social media accounts versus why they shouldn't spend time checking that. Or you could break it up by type of profession - maybe schools should check out people who work with kids, but it's a waste of time for some other type of employer to check their employees out...