Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Two Books

I went to the library and searched in the library catalog for two books on my topic of How could social media could be used to benefit your professional life. I typed in the search bar social media and business and saw two books that i felt like I could potentially use for my topic. one was Social Media Playbook for Business  and The Social Media Bible tactics, tools and strategies for business, I used the evaluation criteria to see which one would be better. The Social Media Playbook for Business was published in 2011 making pretty recent, the author of it was Funk, Tom who is a former MLB pitcher who played for the Houston Astros which gave me signs to maybe not use this book for my research. While the other book The Social Media Bible tactics, tools and strategies for business was published in 2009, it isn't as recent as the other, but still fairly recent so it was not really outdated. There were two authors on this book, but I could only find information on one, the co author Brake, David. K who is the CEO of The Grandview and Consumer Conversation Expert. When comparing the two it seems like The Social Media Bible tactics, tools and strategies for business would be the better choice both books were fairly recent, but one was done by someone who had a questionable background for me to use for my topic. I will use this source to answer my question how can social media benefit your professional life.

1 comment:

  1. Good job for remembering to research into the authors to judge whether or not their work can benefit your search for credible sources. I agree that the professional baseball player may not be the best source to reference; he may be able to give first hand accounts of relevant events, but it could be very opinionated and biased.

    ReplyDelete